Each week, we’ll be sharing a comprehensive list of links to help you master something new in the kitchen. Culinary greatness, here you come.
Today: A nod to two unsung kitchen heroes.
When's the last time you waxed poetic about your knives and cutting boards? In a world full of glamorous gadgets -- stand mixers, high-speed blenders, mandolins -- your basic knives and cutting boards may not get enough praise. But it's time to brush up on your knowledge of these trusty kitchen staples. These links will help.
- Step one: Choose the right cutting board. (Food52.)
- Here are the 4 knife cuts every cook should know. (Serious Eats.)
- You'll want to keep your cutting board secure. Here are 5 ways to prevent slipping. (The Kitchn.)
- Essential knife skills tutorial -- in gif form! (First We Feast.)
- Watch: Martha shows us how to clean and care for wooden cutting boards. (Martha Stewart.)
Slicers and dicers -- share your secrets in the comments!