If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Each week, we’ll be sharing a comprehensive list of links to help you master something new in the kitchen. Culinary greatness, here you come.
Today: A nod to two unsung kitchen heroes.
When's the last time you waxed poetic about your knives and cutting boards? In a world full of glamorous gadgets -- stand mixers, high-speed blenders, mandolins -- your basic knives and cutting boards may not get enough praise. But it's time to brush up on your knowledge of these trusty kitchen staples. These links will help.
- Step one: Choose the right cutting board. (Food52.)
- Here are the 4 knife cuts every cook should know. (Serious Eats.)
- You'll want to keep your cutting board secure. Here are 5 ways to prevent slipping. (The Kitchn.)
- Essential knife skills tutorial -- in gif form! (First We Feast.)
- Watch: Martha shows us how to clean and care for wooden cutting boards. (Martha Stewart.)
Slicers and dicers -- share your secrets in the comments!
These Figs are Feeling a Little Tart
Learn to love fruit with chocolate
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
The best donuts—ever.
We've got the summer blues.
How we do a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.