If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Each week, we’ll be sharing a comprehensive list of links to help you master something new in the kitchen. Culinary greatness, here you come.
Today: Make pesto. Put it on everything. Repeat.
Pesto is one of those handy sauces that instantly upgrades a meal. The combination of bright herbs, fresh garlic, and plenty of salt and olive oil transforms pasta, sandwiches, salads, pizza, and soup. It's easy to throw together in a pinch, and -- if you're willing to think outside the basil-and-pine-nut box -- it's highly versatile. Whip up some pesto and enjoy it all week long -- these links will help.
- How to make any pesto in 5 steps. (Food52.)
- Pine nuts are expensive -- try substituting them for any of these nuts instead. (Serious Eats.)
- Next time you buy carrots, save the tops! (They make a mean pesto.) (Bon Appétit.)
- 11 pesto variations to get you out of your comfort zone. (Saveur.)
- Make a big batch of pesto, then use it in these 10 ways. (The Kitchn.)
Pesto pros -- share your secrets in the comments!
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.