Each week, we’ll be sharing a comprehensive list of links to help you master something new in the kitchen. Culinary greatness, here you come.
Today: Make pesto. Put it on everything. Repeat.
Pesto is one of those handy sauces that instantly upgrades a meal. The combination of bright herbs, fresh garlic, and plenty of salt and olive oil transforms pasta, sandwiches, salads, pizza, and soup. It's easy to throw together in a pinch, and -- if you're willing to think outside the basil-and-pine-nut box -- it's highly versatile. Whip up some pesto and enjoy it all week long -- these links will help.
- How to make any pesto in 5 steps. (Food52.)
- Pine nuts are expensive -- try substituting them for any of these nuts instead. (Serious Eats.)
- Next time you buy carrots, save the tops! (They make a mean pesto.) (Bon Appétit.)
- 11 pesto variations to get you out of your comfort zone. (Saveur.)
- Make a big batch of pesto, then use it in these 10 ways. (The Kitchn.)
Pesto pros -- share your secrets in the comments!