Today, Melissa Hamilton and Christopher Hirsheimer of The Canal House are sharing share the five things that keep them going through the dog days of summer. Grab a bottle of rosé and join them!
1. A couple of cases of rosé. We go for price (about $10), color (the palest blush), and find that we prefer quaffable wine from Côte de Provence. There, the locals buy bottles for about $4.50 (which is about the same price as a bottle of Perrier!), so they drink it like water.
2. Canal House Fried Chicken, hot or cold. (Which you can find in Canal House: Volume No. 1!)
More: Get over your fear of frying, then make some fried chicken.
3. We keep it simple with everyone’s favorite: a big bag of crisp potato chips. They are the perfect crisp, salty nibble to pair with a drink. And for those who must dip, we serve cold sour cream doctored up with crumbled blue cheese, black pepper, and chopped chives.
4. We whirl up pitchers of gazpacho in the blender to keep in the fridge.
5. Keep hard-boiled eggs in the fridge to make deviled and stuffed eggs.
More: throw together some deviled eggs without a recipe.