If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Sagegreen is an environmental designer, artist and professor living in western Massachusetts. Since joining food52 less than 3 months ago, she's taken the site by storm and submitted nearly 100 recipes with fanciful titles like A chocolate black plum pudding with bourbon for a mud-luscious world and The Black Mission Caper: a curried affair. But her recipes aren't simply avant-garde -- they actually work: she's received a number of Editors' Pick nods and her Heirloom Tomato and Mango Lassi with Ground Sumac was a finalist in our heirloom tomato contest.
We love how generously she shares her expertise in everything from botanical lingo to traditional German summer punches to making butter from scratch; how open she is to experimenting with lesser known ingredients like sapa and shilgochu; and how cheerfully she engages with every corner of the site. We can't wait to see what she comes up with next! See Sagegreen's profile page and fan her here.
Read her profile Q&A below:
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
- The vegetarian short list includes: chrysanthemum leaf tempura and the fruit of the Chinese dogwood tree (cornus kousa).
- What do you cook when home alone?
- Soups....pasta, especially spaetzle.
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
- I think it is my mother's old wire cooling rack...it has fond memories back to my earliest days. You can see it in two of my pfeffernusse recipe photos.
- Your ideal meal:
- A Thai meal, accented with those wonderfully cut fruit/vegetable garnishes, and an exotic tea or tisane in a hue to enchant.
- Something you'd like a chance to eat or cook:
- I am having cravings for zwiebelkuchen and neue süße (an onion pizza-like pie with new wine)
- The number of bottles of wine you own:
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
- Usually 4, but anywhere from 1 to 50.
- Kitchen pet peeve:
- ...that my kitchen doesn't come equipped with a ready clean-up crew.
- Your favorite cookbook:
- Alice Waters, "In the Green Kitchen"
Your search for the best recipe is over
The best donuts—ever.
Learning to love fruit with chocolate.
We've got the summer blues.
How to throw a Genius dinner party for 30.
A better basket.