- Photos: Landon Nordeman for Saveur and Hank Shaw for The Atlantic (above); Felicia Friesema for L.A. Weekly (artichokes, front)
Brew that coffee! Pour that OJ! And settle in this morning to catch up on what's happening in the world of food. Here's what we're reading (and watching) this week.
• We're on board with the importance of reforming school lunch in the U.S. -- here's a behind-the-scenes video that sheds light on this critical issue. (The New York Times, City Critic blog)
• From our 7th floor perch in Manhattan, we can't help but daydream about what lunch would be like if our Union Square Greenmarket was in L.A.: artichokes in the farmers' market and a seasonal recipe. (LA Weekly)
• Enough of this health kick: have you ever wondered what would happen if you sandwiched a peppermint patty inside a homemade brownie? Perhaps only we have -- and David Lebovitz answered our cry with his Chocolate Mint Brownies. (David Lebovitz)
• And thus, we leave you with a morning's worth of armchair travel to the sunny food mecca of Sicily. (Saveur)
Get $10 off your first purchase of $50 or more.