If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
We were blown away by the pheneomenal community effort that went into both creating and testing this record number of Editors' Pick candidates. You rose to our mysterious bulk bin challenge (all will be revealed soon -- we promise!) and in return now we all have a wealth of inventive and delicious recipes to draw from when we find ourselves wandering down the bulk bin aisle or peering into our pantries, needing some dry good inspiration.
So this week, we want to give an especially big thanks to all of our volunteer recipe testers for your thoughtful comments and for helping us continue to strengthen our recipe recommendations. You can read each tester's comments by clicking through to the recipes. And even if the recipe you tested wasn't chosen as an EP, please feel free to leave your testing notes in the recipe's comments section. Constructive criticism is always encouraged!
Congratulations to another great batch of Editors' Picks!
- Bhutanese Red Rice, Millet, and Oat Breakfast Pudding
- Shangri-La Rice Pudding
- Long Grain Brown Rice with Black Quinoa
- A Recipe for Long Grain Brown Rice Pilaf (Vegan, Gluten Free)
- Roasted Cauliflower Brown Rice Risotto with Lemon, Walnut and Mascarpone
- Butternut Squash Risotto with Brown Rice
- Sephardic Megedarra with Garlicky Brown Rice Pilaf
- Sweet and Savory Whole Oats and Sweet Brown Rice Porridge
- Savory Cooked Rice Sandwich Bread
- Brown Rice Jambalaya-ish
- Kimchi Fried Brown Rice
- Sweet and Savory Porridge with Almonds and Cardamom
- Mung Bean and Mixed Rice Sweet Congee
- Purple Tai Rice Cooker Sticky Rice
- Volcano Rice Tabouli Salad
- OTHER GRAINS
- Stuffed Red Pepper Shells with Couscous, Forbidden Rice, Kamut or Quinoa
- Red Tabbouleh
- Warm Red Quinoa and Squash Salad
- Spicy Black Bean and Quinoa Salad
- Amaranth Tabouli
- Cherry and Amaranth Dessert Casserole
- Mushroom Ginger Soup with Hulled Barley
- Barley Bowl
- Gatherer's Pie
- Avena con Champiñones/Oats with Mushrooms
- Peas Porridge Hot (Oat Risotto with Peas)
- BEANS AND LENTILS
- Rio Zape Beans with Toasted Chili Sauce
- Slightly Smoky Mixed-Bean Chili
- Best Boston Baked Beans
- Simple Seasoned Adzuki Beans
- Perfumed Adzuki Beans and Rice with Bourbon and Bacon
- Red Bean Espresso Brownies
- Red Rice and Beans
- Spicy Stewed Black Eyed Peas and Baby Limas with Corn Quesadillas
- Jalapeno and Black-eyed Pea Fondue
- Slow Cooker Hoppin’ John
- 4th of July Baby Limas, Barbeque Style
- Christmas Risotto
- Mung Bean and Shrimp Soup
- Mung Bean and Butternut Squash Stew
- Savory Mung Bean Crepes
- Yellow Split Pea Soup
- Tri-Colored Lentil Soup
- Porky’s Peas
- Split Pea Soup for a Winter’s Day
- Bisi Bela
- 10-12-12-12 (Sprouted) Lentil Soup
- Breakfast Chia Seed Pudding
- Sweet Rice with Mango, Chia and Black Sesame
- Chia-Mint-Yogurt Dip
- Seeded Skillet Cookie
- Granola for Fellow “Granolas”
- Shichimi Edamame
- Swiss Bircher Muesli
- Tres Leches Oatmeal
- Blueberry Smoothie
- Power Bread
- Flax Seed Potato Bread
Genius Recipes for a Genius Labor Day
Beans! Pimento cheese! pies!
Genius recipes for a genius Labor Day.
Ways to a money-saving kitchen.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Get your shine on.