Brew that coffee! Pour that OJ! And settle in this morning to catch up on what's happening in the world of food. Here's what we're reading (and watching) this week.
• Here's a pleasant thought for your Saturday morning: folks in South Africa are baking to eliminate hunger, one loaf at a time. (Zester Daily)
• Take a romp through the best pasta this side of the pond (okay, so they didn't have time to visit your trattoria!). (Grub Street)
• Count on San Francisco's hipper-than-hip Mission District to be the home to numerous underground food markets -- who needs a rave when you can eat tacos? (The New York Times)
• You've been doing it one way for years but always wondered why your mother-in-law brought her own: behold the secret to better matzo balls. (The Journal News)
• It's spring (in Tuscany at least) and, let's face it, we're ready to buy a ticket: 20 Reasons Why We Love Italy. (from the recently redesigned Bon Appetit)
• You know who you are and you've been waiting for this moment -- liver lovers unite! (They're forming clubs! If you can believe it...) Find your fellow pariahs and join up. (The Wall Street Journal)
• Remember those elementary school science videos where you could see something grow in a matter of seconds that actually happened over the course of weeks, years, eons? Because they sped up the footage? No? Well, have a look now at a similar phenomenon happening on our Kickstarter of the week, where they're hoping to time lapse an entire growing season!