Inspiration for tonight's dinner, made in under an hour (grocery list and instruction manual included).
We've neatly condensed the recipes below, but to read the fully fleshed-out versions (and save and print them) just click on the recipe links or photos. Dinner is served!
The Grocery List (for 4):
- 1 sheet of frozen puff pastry (start stocking this in your freezer -- this is how the French do last minute)
- 1 pound leeks
- 1 pound radishes
- a bunch of mint
- a pint of half-and-half
- a block of feta
1. Preheat your oven to 375 and set your puff pastry aside on a surface to thaw.
2. Meanwhile, clean your leeks (we love Amanda's surefire method of doing this potentially gritty task), sauté them, whisk together your eggs and half-and-half (and ouzo if you have it!). Season and prepare to fill your quiches.
3. Assemble your quiche pans with the thawed puff pastry, pour in the filling, and layer on the slices of feta -- it's time to bake. (If your puff pastry has gotten warm, pop the assembled quiches in the freezer for 10 minutes first -- the crust will puff better if it starts cold.)
4. While the quiche is in the oven, prep your radishes for their quick sauté. Sauté and season these nuggets of spring and set aside as well (they're such a pleasant side -- it matters little if they're hot for service!).
5. (Go pull a Mr. Rogers and change out of your work clothes, settling in for the evening.)
6. Once the quiches are set (about 30-40 minutes, depending on if you're going big or mini) pull the quiches out to cool and plate up with your lovely little radishes. A glass of white and it's time to eat!