If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Cooks often attempt to lighten up coleslaw by removing the mayonnaise from the dressing. But why take away the joy? Instead, lighten it by replacing the sturdy cabbage with crisper, featherweight napa cabbage. Here, sliced almonds and sesame seeds add a little crunch and heft, and ginger brightens up the dressing. Add as much mayonnaise as you like. A giant dollop, you crazy cat!
- 1/2 to 1 napa cabbage, trimmed and very thinly sliced (about 8 cups)
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons basil leaves, thinly sliced (or torn)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 4 to 5 tablespoons olive oil
Let's Talk Valley
The Hudson Valley that is—here's where to go
The Hudson Valley's where it's at.
Cilantro lovers, take note.
Alice Waters's favorite tools.
Get your shine on.