If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Every cook has dishes that she orders when in a restaurant but never makes at home. Let's call these barrier recipes. In the spirit of trying to get past my own barrier recipes -- which usually involve shellfish or a grill -- I've recreated the squid salad that I order every time we go to Motorino. I grilled the squid to give it a little char and then tumbled it together with whole parsley leaves, slices of boiled potato, some capers, red pepper flakes, and a dousing of lemon. It took 10 minutes. And I felt pretty dumb for not tackling this sooner. Watch out clams: I'm coming after you next!
- 3/4 pound squid
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more if needed
- 6 baby white potatoes (or any small variety), boiled and sliced 1/8-inch thick
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup flatleaf parsley leaves
- Grated zest of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and coarsely chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
Like this post? See Amanda's post from last week: Raspberry and Honey Cranachan
Photos by Jennifer Causey