Do you remember my friend Stephen from last summer? He of the S'mores Semifreddo? This summer, he struck again, this time with a fish and corn dish. He served it at an end-of-season dinner party at the beach, and it captured the season so simply, so deliciously, I made it the following night for my family.
Stephen topped the fish with Julia Child's lemon beurre blanc. I went the lazy-man route and doused the fish with lemon juice the moment I took it out of the oven. You can use any fish you like. I made it with striped bass, and for the photo, we cooked tilapia.
- 4 ears corn, shucked Ask a question about this ingredient.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil Ask a question about this ingredient.
- Large pinch cayenne Ask a question about this ingredient.
- Salt Ask a question about this ingredient.
- Four 6-ounch fillets firm white fish, like striped bass, cod, tilapia or halibut Ask a question about this ingredient.
- 1 lemon, halved
Like this post? See Amanda's post from last week: Peach Tart
Photos by Joseph De Leo
Get $10 off your first purchase of $50 or more.