If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
What the staff eats at restaurants.
In a professional kitchen, you rarely find someone who enjoys getting up before noon. This Power Breakfast is something simple, delicious, quick and healthy for those of us who need to start work before we actually wake up.
I started making this granola dish a couple of years ago, as part of my quest to find out how many ways brown rice can be enjoyed. Combining brown rice with granola gives you whole grains that keep you going throughout the morning -- not to mention a warm, sweet, salty, chewy and crunchy meal, all in about a minute. And this tastes good both right away or later in day while prepping in the kitchen. Without further ado, here is the recipe that many franny’s and bklyn larder employees and I have started our days with!
- 1 cup leftover brown rice
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries, raisins or cherries
- 1/4 cup granola (preferably Early Bird, due to it's olive oil and salty nature)
- 1-2 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- Throw the rice and dried fruit in the microwave for 1 minute, top with granola and syrup or honey.
- Move along with your day.
You Can Have It All
Well, at least your zucchini bread—er, cake—can
Zucchini cake is everything you want.
The dreamiest foods around.
We've got the (summer) blues.
Burnt Toast: Episode 13
Have a ball (jar).