UPDATE! We've announced the hosts of the 30 potlucks happening around the country -- join one near you!
Last October, the FOOD52 community came together to celebrate the release of our cookbook -- and the subsequent potlucks were quite the festive events. We love it when our digital community gets together in the real world, and we want to do it all over again: we're thrilled to announce our Make Mozzarella Potlucks, sponsored by California Olive Ranch and scheduled for the weekend of April 20, 2012.
We'd like you to get together and host events in the houses of FOOD52ers around the world to make mozzarella from scratch (don't worry, we'll show you how!), enjoy a lovely potluck meal, and have a tasting of California Olive Ranch's two most popular olive oils. Each potluck host will receive the Chef's Favorite 2-Bottle Tasting Set: a 500ml bottle of Arbequina (rated the number one California-grown olive oil by Cooks Illustrated) and a 500ml bottle of Miller's Blend (winner of gold medals in Italy, Israel, and California) as well as tasting notes to share with guests during the meal.
The deadline to sign up for hosting a potluck is Friday, March 30. We have Tasting Sets for only 30 potlucks, so pipe up in the comments now! You'll have three weeks to plan the potluck with your guests -- not to mention learn how to make mozzarella! -- before the weekend of April 20. Don't forget: we'll be accepting all photos, videos, recipes, and write-ups to share on FOOD52!
• WANT TO HOST A POTLUCK? Post a comment below to sign up before Friday, March 30 -- be sure to tell us your city or metro area so that others can join. We'll be periodically updating this post with locations and hosts. We'll get in contact with you to send the California Olive Ranch Host package. All potlucks have been claimed! Click here to message a host near you and join a potluck.
• WANT TO JOIN AN EXISTING POTLUCK? Click here to view the potlucks and message hosts for details.
• Looking to drum up excitement for your potluck? Get in on the fun with the Twitter hashtag #makemozzarella. And we hope you'll tweet and Facebook photos of your party in real time when the potluck date rolls around!
• Never made mozzarella before? No worries! Check out our step-by-step guide to the process here.
• Don't know a thing about olive oil? Keep an eye on Feed52 for a primer to the many flavors, colors, and scents of California Olive Ranch's offerings.
• Can't make it to a scheduled potluck? Don't worry, we've got a fantastic Twitter and Facebook giveaway coming up as the potluck weekend nears. And on the week of the potluck itself, we'll be featuring a fantastic deal in the Shop to buy the Chef's Favorite 2-Bottle Tasting Set!
Let's make mozzarella together, and don't forget to sign up to host a potluck below!
The 30 #makemozzarella potlucks have been announced! Message the host in your area for details and to join.
• Palm Springs - message Christy, Confessions of a Culinary Diva for details and to join
• Piedmont - message AntoniaJames for details and to join
• San Francisco - message kristah for details and to join
• Ontario - message My Imperfect Kitchen for details and to join
• Colusa - message .Sharon Zwald for details and to join
• San Jose - message TiphanyP for details and to join
• Denver/Golden - message Carrie G for details and to join
• Old Greenwich - message rrcooks for details and to join
• Honolulu - message vivbest for details and to join
• Indianapolis - message lorigoldsby for details and to join
• Chicago - message tuscanfoodie for details and to join
• Boston/Cambridge - message tarabellucci for details and to join
• Cambridge - message AnnieHynes for details and to join
• Kansas City - message RedDog for details and to join
• Durham - message greeneats for details and to join
• Maplewood - message annemai for details and to join
• Mays Landing - message Connie Perks for details and to join
• Ridgefield - message PistachioDoughnut for details and to join
• Haddonfield - message kathy gold for details and to join
• Brooklyn (Carroll Gardens) - message cristinasciarra for details and to join
• Brooklyn (Prospect Heights) - message margaret.spring for details and to join
• Manhattan (Upper West Side) - message ubs2007 for details and to join
• Jackson - message jacksonholefoodie for details and to join