If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Inspiration for tonight's dinner: a hearty, rustic early spring supper. Dandelion greens are bulked up with a little bacon and a poached egg, and a lovely farro risotto rounds out the meal. Easy-to-love flavors, and a homey, springy meal in minutes.
The Grocery List (for 4)
4 cups dandelion greens
6 strips of bacon (plus more for swiping, because you know that always happens when there is bacon on the stove)
1 cup farro
We're assuming that you have onions, butter, chicken stock, vinegar, olive oil, salt, pepper, eggs, white wine, and parmesan lurking around in your fridge and pantry. If not, pick some up! Those are the essentials, friend.
1. Rinse the farro. Leave it to soak for 20-30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, tackle the first two prepping steps of the dandelion salad recipe: clean the dandelion and leeks, crack those eggs, get yourself situated.
3. Get the farro boiling. This takes 15-20 minutes.
4. Back to the salad; cook the bacon, poach the eggs.
5. Tackle the last few minutes of the farro (the part with the butter and cheese and everything else really worth eating) and assemble the salad.
6. Dinner is served! Hey, that farro only called for 1/2 cup of white wine. Better enjoy the rest of the bottle with dinner -- you've earned it.