Abra Bennett, one of food52's international cooks (she lives in the South of France), has been with us from the start. Her blog, French Letters, details her food and wine adventures throughout France -- and recently Germany as well -- and includes lots of great recipes. Her recipes on food52 run the gamut from rustic and earthy (Autumn Olive Medley) to sophisticated (Autumn Jewel Salad) to just plain decadent (Rainbow Chard Tart in a Chestnut Crust). Check out Abra's profile and fan her here.
Read Abra's profile Q&A below:
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
I love Chinese braised chicken feet
- What do you cook when home alone?
It's my opportunity to create something from the fridge and pantry
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
My Ken Onion Shun knife
- Your ideal meal:
One I serve to people I love, who love my cooking
- Something you'd like a chance to eat or cook:
I'd like to eat Thai food in Thailand
- The number of bottles of wine you own:
Hey, I'm living in France right now, that's not a fair question!
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
Six, that way you only have one conversation at a time at the table
- Kitchen pet peeve:
Ovens that aren't properly calibrated
- Your favorite cookbook:
The Cooking of Southwest France by Paula Wolfert