Fire aside, grilling now has a new element of danger: The New York TImes reports on six new cases of people hospitalized due to accidentally swallowing stray wires from grill brushes.
After cleaning the grill, metal bristles can get left behind on the grates, lying in wait to eventually become an unwelcome part of your food. The good new is that none of the cases has been fatal, but the bad news is that almost all of them happened from typical barbeque fare like steaks and burgers. The article recommends giving your grill a once over before you get going, but we think we’ll stick to our aluminum foil.
The Bristle Brush as Barbecue Hazard from NY Times
Get $10 off your first purchase of $50 or more.