Gluttonforlife is a writer by trade and it shows in her clever, elegantly written recipes (standouts include the witty Jimmy "Crack" Corn and Rice Aloni). From her cottage in upstate New York, she cooks foods that are equal parts healthful and indulgent, like her Lima Bean and Ham Stew with Pistou (which draws lots of meaty flavor from a single ham hock) and her Spicy Shorties ("a hippie cookie, but still rich with butter," as she enticingly puts it). Check out gluttonforlife's profile and fan her here.
Read her profile Q&A below:
- What is the strangest food you have ever eaten?
turtle (rich, fatty and delicious)
- What do you cook when home alone?
composed salads, hot pots
- Your most treasured kitchen possession:
bourgeat copper pots & pans
- Your ideal meal:
cooked for friends
- Something you'd like a chance to eat or cook:
paella on the grill, a crown roast
- The number of bottles of wine you own:
have to ask my sommelier
- The ideal number of guests for a dinner party is:
depends on the occasion
- Kitchen pet peeve:
people who don't follow my orders or say "flavor profile"
- Your favorite cookbook:
hot sour salty sweet, alice waters' simple food, sunday suppers at lucques