1. What's your least favorite food?
A few years ago I would have said Brussels sprouts, but now I love them roasted and cannot get enough. How about sea cucumber?
2. What is the best thing you've made so far this year?
A fragrant lamb, chicken and vegetable couscous with spicy homemade harissa.
3. Describe your most spectacular kitchen disaster.
As a 20-year-old from France spending the summer in the US, I tried to surprise my hosts by baking what should have been a delicious grapefruit tart – except that I tried to caramelize the top with what I thought was powdered sugar but was indeed baking soda. No comment.
4. What is your idea of comfort food?
Leeks vinaigrette and crepes stuffed with dark chocolate
5. Apron or no apron?
A chef’s vest that my parents gave me for my birthday years ago embroidered with the name of my pretend restaurant – Les Foodies. Hey, I cook at home so often, I might as well name my kitchen!
7. You prefer to cook: a. alone, b. with others, c. it depends on your mood.
Definitely alone! No one messes with me in the kitchen unless they are willing to do prep work.