Inspired by conversations on the FOOD52 Hotline, we're sharing tips and tricks that make navigating all of our kitchens easier and more fun.
It's Resolution Week at Food52, and we're looking ahead to how we want to run our kitchens, 2013-style.
Today: Round two of kitchen maintenance, this time with videos.
We've gotten a taste of how productive, how satisfying, how good it feels to get your kitchen back into tip-top condition. Now that your pantry is organized, your fridge is cleaned out, and your grocery essentials are lined up like soldiers, we're going deep. We're scrubbing our cast iron; we're sharpening our knives. It's a roll-up-your-sleeves day of maintenace, and when you're pouring yourself a drink in your sparkling-clean kitchen, you can thank us.
• First, load your dishwasher -- the right way.
• Now, it's time to sharpen your knives. It's a lot less scary than you'd think.
• Got any rust or crust on your cast iron? Here's how to clean it...
• ...and then re-season it. (You can do this to your already-seasoned pans, too!)
• Pour yourself a glass of wine. You deserve it.
Sign up now and get $10 when we open.