Roast Chicken week proved to be an especially difficult one for the judges at food52 -- it took us twice as long to scour the submissions for potential finalists as it normally would, simply because the recipes were so good and the techniques so well-honed and specific. Here's what we learned: you people are passionate about your roast chicken!
Savorykitchen uses a hair dryer to dry out the skin for a perfect, crackly crust in her Citrus Roasted Chicken. arielleclementine doesn't let a drop of rich, chicken-y goodness out of her grasp, rendering out the extra fat that others might discard for the potatoes in her Schmaltz-y Roasted Chicken and Potatoes. And aargersi, if left to her devices, would scarf up all the crispy skin from her Roasted Chicken with Honey, Lemon and Rosemary without sharing any!
Fanatics, all of you. We're so proud.
Now, without further ado, here are our Editors' Picks!
- Roast Chicken with Meyer Lemons
- Peruvian Style Roast Chicken with Roasted Garlic
- Scarborough Fair Chicken
- Spice Rubbed Chicken Under a Brick with Lemon, Mint and Cilantro
- ...and the Capon You Rode in On
- Sunday Farmhouse Chicken
- "Beauty Paste" Chicken with Roasted Vegetables
- Porcini Rubbed Butterflied Roasted Chicken
- Roasted Chicken with Prunes and Armagnac
- The Neglected Chicken
- Beet Crostata with a Pepper-Parmesan Crust
- Golden Rösti
- Creamy Beet Salad
- An American Patzaria - Creamy Beet Spread with Blue Cheese and Bacon
- Roasted Red Beet, Blood Orange and Ginger Soup with Orange Crème Fraîche
- Golden Beet and Bulghur Salad
- Lithuanian Summer Borscht
- Tzatziki with Beets and Mint
- Jamaican Red Storm
- Yoghurt and Beet Salad in the Persian Manner