We've scoured the web, found our favorite food blog posts, and now we're bringing them right to your desktop. It’s hard work, but someone has to do it.
After waiting patiently for months on end, it's time to bring your popsicle molds out of storage. With today being the summer solstice and all, we wholeheartedly support the return of frozen treats on a stick. We're still recovering from testing recipes for our frozen desserts contest (vote now!), but that won't stop us from making these icy sweets over the weekend.
- Peanut butter icebox cake. The best five words we've heard all week. (Big Girls Small Kitchen.)
- An updated version of a childhood classic: the firecracker. (Edible Perspective.)
- And for the big kids, a spicy twist on the traditional popsicle. (The Year in Food.)
- Or if ice cream is more your style, how about Roasted Apricot Buttermilk Ice Cream with Almond Streusel? (Reclaiming Provincial.)
- Roasted strawberries and toasted coconut make their way into this frozen treat. (Joy the Baker.)
- If you prefer your roasted strawberries served in a glass -- instead of on a stick -- try Ashley’s milkshakes. (Not Without Salt.)
- Is moving onto pie after all of those popsicles inappropriate? We're going for it. (Amateur Gourmet.)
- And to balance out all that sugar, here’s a beautiful veggie-laden dish. (The Forest Feast.)
Which food blogs inspired you this week? Tell us in the comments!