If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Each week, we’ll be sharing a comprehensive list of links to help you master a cooking technique. Culinary greatness, here you come.
Today: Give salad the attention it deserves.
All too often, salad is merely an afterthought. You painstakingly plan out an elaborate meal, and then (at the last minute) throw some lettuce in a bowl for good measure. But, if done right, salad can be the star of dinner (or breakfast -- just put an egg on it). We're here to help you usher this humble side dish into the spotlight. Just make sure to read these links first.
- First, a lettuce glossary to help you select the best greens for the job. (Martha Stewart.)
- Next, you’ll want to wash the lettuce -- don’t go out and buy a salad spinner! Use this trick instead. (Food52.)
- If you want your salad to look as good as it tastes, follow these tips for making stunning salads. (PopSugar.)
- Balsamic, Italian, ranch, (eggless) Caesar, blue cheese -- put the finishing touches on your salad with any of these 5 essential DIY dressings. (The Kitchn.)
- If you have leftover greens, make sure to store them properly so they don’t get soggy on you. (Food52.)
What are your tips for making the perfect salad? Tell us in the comments!
Alice Waters's Essentials
Her 15 must-have tools
Alice Waters's essential tools.
Bring some flare to your cookout.
Life's better with snacks.
Your new favorite Japanese dish.
A better basket.