If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
While Spring/Summer '14 is currently gracing the runways here in NYC, we are honing in on Fall '13. Call us behind the times! This week treat yourself to a dinner that feels like couture at a ready-to-wear effort. Chimichurri lamb chops accompanied by a classic cauliflower soup is the perfect vehicle to ease you into fall -- just think of it as a light autumn jacket. We propose getting the most of your chimichurri and accessorizing your soup with a drizzle or two. No fashion police here.
Serves 2 (with lots of leftover soup & chimichurri)
2 lamb chops
Montreal steak seasoning, to taste (optional)
1 cup fresh cilantro
1 cup fresh parsley
1/2 cup fresh mint
1/4 cup fresh oregano (optional)
4 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 medium onion
1 head very fresh cauliflower (about 1 1/2 pounds)
We know you have a well-stocked pantry so you'll have olive oil, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and red/sherry/or rice wine vinegar on hand.
1. Season the lamb with salt, pepper and Montreal Seasoning (optional).
2. Sweat the thinly sliced onions for about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, tackle the cauliflower by separating the florets
3. Once the onions have gotten a good workout, add the cauliflower, salt, water and begin stewing for 15 to 18 minutes.
4. Next, prepare the chimichurri sauce: quickly saute the garlic cloves, and throw them into a food processor or blender with the herbs (mint, oregano, and parsley), lemon, vinegar and salt. Lightly pulse so the sauce is still a bit chunky.
5. Begin pureeing the soup with a handheld or standing blender, in batches. Let stand for 20 minutes.
6. While the soup cools, cook the lamb chops on the grill or in a saute pan.
7. Dress your soup and chops up with chimichurri. Enjoy!
Why Our Vegan Cookbook is for Everyone
Whether you're a meat eater, tofu lover, or in-between
A vegan cookbook for everyone—really.
What to eat and listen to tonight.
We've got the summer blues.
Our latest #f52contest: back-pocket baking.
Have a ball (jar).