Each week, we’ll be sharing a comprehensive list of links to help you master something new in the kitchen -- or in the pumpkin patch. Culinary greatness, here you come.
Today: How to cook with October’s mascot -- pumpkin.
If each month had a mascot, the pumpkin would certainly be October’s. Its appearance signals the start of costume planning and candy hoarding. It shines in pie, bread, mashed potatoes, pasta -- it’s as versatile as it is festive. If you thought pumpkins were just for carving, these links will show you the light.
- To get you started, a guide to all things pumpkin. (Epicurious.)
- A little insight as to why Americans go absolutely crazy for pumpkin and pumpkin-flavored everything. (NPR.)
- Forget the canned stuff. DIY pumpkin purée is where it’s at. (Food52.)
- Who says pumpkin can't be the star of dinner? (The New York Times.)
- Utilize every part of the pumpkin by saving the seeds for later. Here are 10 things to do with them. (Bon Appétit.)
What do you want to read about next? Tell us in the comments!