If you like it, save it!
Save and organize all of the stuff you love in one place.Got it!
If you like something…
Click the heart, it's called favoriting. Favorite the stuff you like.Got it!
Each week, we’ll be sharing a comprehensive list of links to help you master something new in the kitchen. Culinary greatness, here you come.
Today: Put winter squash where it belongs -- in the spotlight.
Every autumn, with jack-o'-lanterns and Thanksgiving pies on the horizon, the traditional orange pumpkin consistently wins the winter squash popularity contest. But what about its oddly-shaped, knobby-skinned peers? We think they deserve recognition, too. Soup, cake, hummus, pasta, curry, even your breakfast toast -- let squash shine in as many meals as possible this season. (After you read these links, that is.)
• A helpful primer on the different types of winter squash. (Food52.)
• Keep this visual guide on you at all times and you’ll never have to wonder what you’re buying at the market again. (Epicurious.)
• Whether you’re roasting, puréeing, or stuffing squash, you'll want to read these cooking tips. (Eatocracy.)
• Watch how to prepare, peel, and cut everyone’s other favorite winter squash. (America’s Test Kitchen.)
• After all of this cooking, you’ll be left with a lot of seeds. Here’s how to roast them. (The Kitchn.)
What do you want to read about next? Tell us in the comments!
This Week's Best #F52Farmstands
Cheese peppers, grapes, and more
This week's best #F52farmstands.
Get baking this Labor Day.
Meet 2015's best sellers.
Make these recipes before it's too late.
Storage made crystal clear.