Each week, we’ll be sharing a comprehensive list of links to help you master something new in the kitchen. Culinary greatness, here you come.
Today: Put winter squash where it belongs -- in the spotlight.
Every autumn, with jack-o'-lanterns and Thanksgiving pies on the horizon, the traditional orange pumpkin consistently wins the winter squash popularity contest. But what about its oddly-shaped, knobby-skinned peers? We think they deserve recognition, too. Soup, cake, hummus, pasta, curry, even your breakfast toast -- let squash shine in as many meals as possible this season. (After you read these links, that is.)
• A helpful primer on the different types of winter squash. (Food52.)
• Keep this visual guide on you at all times and you’ll never have to wonder what you’re buying at the market again. (Epicurious.)
• Whether you’re roasting, puréeing, or stuffing squash, you'll want to read these cooking tips. (Eatocracy.)
• Watch how to prepare, peel, and cut everyone’s other favorite winter squash. (America’s Test Kitchen.)
• After all of this cooking, you’ll be left with a lot of seeds. Here’s how to roast them. (The Kitchn.)
What do you want to read about next? Tell us in the comments!
Get $10 off your first purchase of $50 or more.