Each week, we’ll be sharing a comprehensive list of links to help you master something new in the kitchen. Culinary greatness, here you come.
Today: 'Tis the season to whip up something special for breakfast.
Most days, breakfast is something you hastily throw together in a state of morning confusion. A quick piece of toast, a bowl of cereal -- anything to get you full and out the door in record time. But the holiday season requires more of you. You're expected to step up your breakfast game; often, that means pancakes, baked oatmeal, and cinnamon rolls. Whether you're hosting out-of-town guests or just want to pamper yourself, these links will make you a holiday breakfast pro.
- Get a handle on the different types of oats. Then, make perfect oatmeal. (Fancy mix-ins are a must.) (The Kitchn.)
- Impress your guests by whipping up French toast without a recipe. (Food52.)
- Five ways to make better pancakes. (Esquire.)
- Delicious homemade donuts are within your reach with these tips. (Serious Eats.)
- The key to insane waffle greatness? Cornstarch. (Food52.)
What do you want to read about next? Tell us in the comments!