Each week, we’ll be sharing a comprehensive list of links to help you master something new in the kitchen. Culinary greatness, here you come.
Today: How to foster a lasting, loving relationship -- with your cast iron pan.
A well-seasoned cast iron pan will take you far in life. It's the key to perfect frittatas, cornbread, pies, pancakes, and many more classics that make their way into your kitchen. And when you're finished cooking, it even doubles as a serving dish. But to unleash its true potential, you have to treat your cast iron the way you want to be treated: with care and respect. These links will show you how.
- A comprehensive guide to caring for your cast iron. (Serious Eats.)
- Tips for finding the perfect pan. (Food52.)
- Watch this video for a primer on all things cast iron. (America's Test Kitchen.)
- Make sure to avoid these 3 deadly cast iron sins. (Huffington Post.)
- Here's how to remove rust from that vintage skillet you picked up from the thrift shop. (The Kitchn.)
Cast iron whisperers -- tell us your secrets in the comments!