Community Picks Articles
Here are the recipes that intrigued us this week.
- My Best Roast Chicken
- Helen talks a big game, but she has yet to make this for us.
- Elegant Easy Chicken
- We like that the chicken breast is flattened like a Paillard.
- Chicken Dijon Stew
- Chicken Mustard Croquettes
- Chicken Pot Pie Provencale (pictured above)
- You'd need to be up for an all-day project, but it looks gorgeous.
- Big Zombie Mustard Chicken Tagine with Couscous
- The mustard isn't the star of this show, but the dish is sweet and spicy in all the right ways.
- Whiskied Roasted Parsnip and Apple Puree
- Who doesn't want whiskey in their parsnips?
- Sweet Potato Puree with Goat's Cheese and Smoked Paprika
- Grated Sweet Potato & Butternut Squash Puree
- Cool technique.
- Cumin-Scented Puree of Autumn 'Oranges'
- Venetian Pumpkin and Chestnut Puree
- Crazy Parsnip Carrot Puree with Frico
- Get your fric on.
- Butternut Squash Puree with Honey Sage Butter
- Great technique: the sage is fried in butter, and then the butter is browned and
- poured over the puree.
Read More »
Here are some recipes -- other than the finalists -- that stood out this week:
- Fresh Fig, Walnut and Rosemary Upside-Down Cake
- Roasted Figs in a Red Wine Cardamom-Infused Reduction with Vanilla Ice Cream
- Fall Fig and Chicken Sandwich
- Stuffed Chicken Breast with Figs and Pistachios Vinaigrette
- Roasted Stuffed Figs
- Cheese Plate Crostata
- Grilled Pizza with Figs, Prosciutto, Gorgonzola and Arugula Pesto
- Fig Bonbons
- Mission Fig Rolls
- Rosemary-Kissed Fig Tartlets
- Squid, Potato and Olive Stew
- Poulet à la Provençale
- Huachingo a la Veracruzana
- Spicy Lamb Stew with Date, Mint and Parsley Gremolata
- Mediterranean Vegetable Stew with Olives
Here are some of the recipes that caught our eye among this week's contest entries.
Read More »
Each week, we'll highlight not only the finalists in the contests, but here we'll let you know which recipes were named "Editors' Picks" -- recipes that we found promising and interesting. And when you do a recipe search, you can always filter the results to show all recipes that have been named Editors' Picks. This is one of several ways we're keeping the site curated, so you have access to the best recipes possible.
In some cases, the Editors' Picks recipes are ones that were on our short list to test. In others, they're simply recipes that, although they may not have been good fit for the particular contest theme, are still noteworthy. If your recipe is named an Editors' Pick, you can still enter it in future contests.
We realized with Your Best Tart theme this week that we should have more clearly defined the theme. For anyone who entered recipes that were galettes and crostatas, we will be holding a contest for these soon.
So, without further ado, here are this week's Editors' Picks:
We've seen some great submissions to the recipe contests so far. This past week, we received a particularly large and promising selection, and we'd like to thank everyone who participated. Although we can only choose two finalists for each theme, we do have a way of recognizing other noteworthy competitors. Each week, we select our Editors' Picks: recipes that we haven't tested but that seem promising and/or unique. There's no set number; one week we may choose ten, and the next week none. This week, we chose quite a few. You can see all of our selections, past and present, by going to The Recipes and clicking on "Editors' Picks" beneath the search field.Read More »