What should I do with almond meal? Sweet and savory ideas, please!!

asked by KLL5 almost 4 years ago

For the holidays, Nigella's frangipane mince pies!

this is delicious: and is lovely with the kind of almond meal made from blanched almonds.

this one is also delicious, and is better with the heartier whole meal made with almonds in skins:

I have substituted a tablespoon or two for all-purpose flour in pie crusts and muffins, and added it to meatloaf as well.

I use it instead of flour when I'm breading fish fillets. I sub a little of the flour for tart shells. And I've used it in cakes for my gluten-free friends. This one from cookinginvictoria is delicious, and I've made it with fruits other than rhubarb:
These blondies from nishi are also great:

Linzer cookies!

One of the most 'fun' recipes, instant gratification --
Add to streusel type toppings, pancake and muffin batters. I keep it in the freezer so I can play...

You can sub out half to all of the flour with almond meal in my Tangerine Almond Shortbread Tart... You may need to adjust the amount of tangerine juice

You can sub out any portion of the flour in my pear and nutella tart: