🔎

• 4

• 1978

A question about a recipe: Paul Bertolli's Cauliflower Soup

I have a question about step 2 on the recipe "Paul Bertolli's Cauliflower Soup" from Genius Recipes. It says:

"Add the cauliflower, salt to taste, and 1/2 cup water. Raise the heat slightly, cover the pot tightly and stew the cauliflower for 15 to 18 minutes, or until tender. Then add another 4 1/2 cups hot water, bring to a low simmer and cook an additional 20 minutes." For the 20 mins at low simmer, do I cover the pot or leave it uncovered?

Food52_11-22-11-0827
Adrienne_2
Miglore

Kristen is the Senior Editor of Food52

We left the cover off for that part, but you can also always adjust the thickness to taste (along with adjusting the salt) at the very end with that last 1/2 cup of water. Hope you like it!

Adrienne_2
giuliettanicoletta added over 2 years ago

Thanks for the quick answer! I just finished and tasted this soup and am now happily among the converted. Absolutely delicious. Cheers!

Miglore

Kristen is the Senior Editor of Food52

Oh great! So glad you liked it.

chubert added over 2 years ago

I did it with the pot covered. (By the way, the soup is delicious --- but be sure to use the freshest cauliflower you can find, preferably from the farmers' market, not supermarket.)