🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

What's a good gluten free stuffing for turkey?

asked by memaw almost 3 years ago
Lorigoldsby

If you have a gluten free cornbread (Bob's Red Mill has one) you can add lots of celery, onion, sage...even sausage or mushrooms. I think you have to add more sage when you use cornbread vs other "white" breads

There are a lot of good rice stuffings out there, especially with wild rice.

Scan0004

At Thanksgiving, I made a recipe for Farro Pilaf, using millet instead of the farro (related to wheat), with vegetables, dried cranberries and pecans. I was stuffing a squash, but it should work for turkey. My experience with gluten-free cornbread was unsatisfactory -- the cornbread crumbled and dissolved into the other ingredients, so if you want to use it, find one that will hold up. My daughter-in-law brought some purchased bread cubes for stuffing that were gluten-free. We didn't use them then, but I made a delicious Garden Sweeper Bread Pudding from this site with them -- but that's another option for you.

5.15.11_coconut_macaroons_best_sm

One of my cornbread recipes is here:
http://beyondcelery.blogspot...
You can make this either with the sunflower seeds or leave them out and it'll work just fine. Make it in a 9x9-inch glass pan for the stuffing. (Or a buttered cast iron skillet!) When I do this, I either make the cornbread a few days in advance and let it dry out or I cut it into cubes, spread it on a baking sheet, and toast it in the oven at 400F for about 10min. I made stuffing with this cornbread for a turkey this last Thanksgiving and it was fabulous.