Why is my blueberry pie watery? I followed the recipe

asked by Cannizzo almost 3 years ago
Hilary_sp1

Can you tell is a bit more about the filling and it's ingredients? For example, did you thaw blueberries or use fresh? If you thawed them, did you put the blueberries in the filling with their juice, too? Or drain off the juice?

What is the thickening agent (ie, corn starch, tapioca, flour)? How much sugar? Did the recipe call for lemon juice?

I'd hazard that there was likely not enough thickening agent. Is this a precooked filling?

Some berries, if they have been frozen for a long time, react with the thickener such that they will not thicken correctly with the usual amount of thickening agent. I know this can occur with juicier berries than blueberries--such as Marionberries and blackberries. You may need an instant thickener such as Instant Clear-gelfor older berries.

I used fresh blueberries and the thickner the recipe called for I think it was starch.the pie was expensive it was a recipe from the food network app I followed it to a tee and we had to throw it out out