All questions

A question about a recipe: Celli Ripieni (Grape jam dumplings)


I have a question about the ingredient "caster sugar" on the recipe "Celli Ripieni (Grape jam dumplings)" from Emiko. What is it?

asked by AnnieHynes over 3 years ago
3 answers 950 views
added over 3 years ago

Thank you, thank you! I learn soooooo much on this site

added over 3 years ago

The name caster or castor sugar is used in the UK and Australia - it's simply a fine, white sugar (but not as fine as confectioners or icing sugar), most often called for in baking and desserts like meringues. I believe in the US it's called "superfine" sugar.