🔎

• 7

• 756

What's a good moose recipe?

Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

Do you mean mousse, the pudding, or moose, the animal?

luminante added over 2 years ago

I have moose meat - both ground and in steaks - quite lean meat ... Any yummy ideas?

Buddhacat
SKK added over 2 years ago

A little bias here. A good moose is one I don't have to eat. Having tried it, not my favorite.

Chris_in_oslo

We made moose meat balls a couple of years ago. They were quite good, but I If I made them again, I'd figure a way to add some fat. As for the steaks, it depends on your cut. We had some that were quite tender if sliced thin, but some are tough and need to be stewed--being unsure, we ground ours for the meatballs.. As for SKK's bias, my brother was here for the meatballs and he wasn't looking forward to them--he'd also had an unfavorable experience. To his surprise, ours were quite good. Good luck with yours.

Buddhacat
SKK added over 2 years ago

Greenstuff, you give me hope!

luminante added over 2 years ago

Appreciate the feedback!! Have heard the same previously - fat equals flavor - will give it a go. Thanks again! :)

Buddhacat
SKK added over 2 years ago

Where did you get your moose, luminante? And will you post your recipe when you have cooked it? It would be much appreciated.