A question about a recipe: Dad's Favorite Seafood Stew

Seafood_stew

I have a question about the recipe "Dad's Favorite Seafood Stew" from inpatskitchen. We love this, and I would like to use crabmeat instead of shrimp this time. Any thoughts on this? Don't want to test with the price of crab meat.

By the way, I have used both DRBABS version of making fish stock and IPS version and they are both wonderful!

asked by SKK almost 3 years ago

I have actually made this with king crab meat and it was wonderful. Not sure about blue crab however. Another great option would be langoustines which usually come cooked (as does crab meat) so add at the very last minute.

Buddhacat

Thank you! I have a lazy group of diners, so will pull the King Crab meat out - will that work?

Oh yes...but if you can, use those shells in your stock!!

Buddhacat

IPS, thank you! Still waiting to cook alligator. Don't want to try it without you!

We'll have to meet up in Baton Rouge...my brother works for a seafood company down there and maybe can hook us up!!!

Buddhacat

Will do! I have good friends in Lafayette and New Iberia.