🔔
🔎

Serving beef tenderloin room temp?

My brother needs both ovens an hour before Christmas dinner (he's doing Yorkshire Pudding). This means the 2 tenderloins will have to go in sooner than I had planned, and then serving at room temp.
Can I just take them out and let them sit, or should they be wrapped in foil? Could they go in the oven even earlier in the day?

asked by Louisa almost 3 years ago

Tell brother he gets one oven. Grrr, why ruin the roast for the sake of the sides? Otherwise, the above advice is excellent.

Bigpan

You want the meat to "rest" anyway before carving, so since the yorkshires will be in a high temp oven it won't be long before you can carve. It should work out fine - remember the meat will continue to cook while resting so pull it out 5 degrees before your desired doneness.

Thanks for the advice. I think he'll have to use the two ovens--there are 20-something of us. I'm still thinking of roasting the tenderloin earlier...must say I love baking, but I flounder with meats and fish...

Chris_in_oslo

Tenderloins are delicious at room temperature, and you won't be the first person on earth to have them sit out while you're making Yorkshire pudding. So, don't sweat it. As long as they aren't downright cold, you'll be fine.

I do this all the time--the letting it rest I mean, for a while as other stuff finishes, and I swear it makes them even better. Have done for both tenderloin and prime rib.