🔎

• 8

• 856

I have a ton of Brussels sprouts that I'm worried won't keep until Christmas. Could I cook them in advance and freeze them or would that chan

3-bizcard

I just got a ton of vegetables in my CSA box yesterday including brussell sprouts, I cleaned, blanched and then froze them. In my opinion you can do that and they will be just fine. Your sentence got cut off so I don't know the rest of the question.

Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

Voted the Best Answer!

Or, if you store them in sealed plastic bags in the produce drawer of your fridge, they'll keep until Christmas. I've kept Brussels sprouts this way for up to 2 weeks.

Bigpan
bigpan added over 2 years ago

You can cut the sprouts into strips and sauté with bacon bits in olive oil and butter. Cook 90 percent, freeze or store in a ziplock and reheat for the big meal.

Jain Silver added over 2 years ago

Another super yummy option is to pickle them

Cookie16 added over 2 years ago

You wouldn't have a recipe for that, would you? :)

Imag0055
mainecook61 added over 2 years ago

No need for desperate measures as they keep very well. I just picked the last of them from the garden last week and I know they will be fine for Christmas dinner. Like cabbages, they hold well in a cold place.

Chris_in_oslo

Since we're only days from Christmas, I'm agreeing with others that they should be fine. No way would I could a Brussels sprout early, and if they're almost gone now...well, they'd be as good as gone in my book.