🔔
🔎

I have a ton of Brussels sprouts that I'm worried won't keep until Christmas. Could I cook them in advance and freeze them or would that chan

asked by briecheese about 3 years ago
3-bizcard

I just got a ton of vegetables in my CSA box yesterday including brussell sprouts, I cleaned, blanched and then froze them. In my opinion you can do that and they will be just fine. Your sentence got cut off so I don't know the rest of the question.

Bigpan

You can cut the sprouts into strips and sauté with bacon bits in olive oil and butter. Cook 90 percent, freeze or store in a ziplock and reheat for the big meal.

Another super yummy option is to pickle them

You wouldn't have a recipe for that, would you?
:)

Imag0055

No need for desperate measures as they keep very well. I just picked the last of them from the garden last week and I know they will be fine for Christmas dinner. Like cabbages, they hold well in a cold place.

Chris_in_oslo

Since we're only days from Christmas, I'm agreeing with others that they should be fine. No way would I could a Brussels sprout early, and if they're almost gone now...well, they'd be as good as gone in my book.