🔎

• 5

• 527

A question about a recipe: Banana Oat Bread

I have a question about the ingredient "white whole wheat flour" on the recipe "Banana Oat Bread" from healthierkitchen.

Banana_bread_003
Dscf1365
Mrs._larkin_370

Mrs. Larkin is a trusted source on Baking.

Hi FoodieFara. I love white whole wheat flour. I think this recipe would work well with a sub of whole wheat and all-purpose flour. Let us know if you try it.

Mrs._larkin_370

P.S. Use equal amounts of flour, like 3/4 cups all-purpose and 1/2 cup whole wheat, or a similar combination. But definitely throw in some all-purpose flour. Sometimes using all whole wheat four can be rather heavy.

nutcakes added over 2 years ago

If you are wondering where to get 'white whole wheat flour', I have seen it in the King Arthur Catalog (their brand) and at Trader Joe's (house brand.) If you can't get it, just use whole wheat flour. The white whole wheat is just more delicate type of whole wheat. You could mix regulal whole wheat with all purpose flour with good results for this recipe, I'd expect.

Dscf1365
FoodieFara added over 2 years ago

Thank ya'll so much! I will use a combo of white and whole wheat. Let you know what happens!

Dsc_0048b
healthierkitchen added over 2 years ago

Mrs. Larkin is correct - the whole wheat flour is a little heavier so that's why I like white wheat flour. I'm sure the mix will work and, I suspect, the regular whole wheat flour would be fine too. This recipe is very forgiving. White whole wheat flour is available in lots of markets now. Hope you like it!