🔔

less than a minute ago

Marian Bull favorited

Gjkzf-2lgbfx7qeia0tfjdhf9zhi7k6m3g1zcflqp16i_yjflqpzzcnyqgvsazhwy59fk9c_tuykwi9whqojra=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Kbxii8nr_pdq9rtycocxmvj4vaggtbj_a2cidi63ddwnvcl9p2irw5ye3moumv3kvuoclmtptcu6sujzow1v=s265-c

Porcelain Enamelware Cups

Us0v_xjpqqsc3--0qtkgjhkkx4jv11wq1cb8-o2ofj0labodtpjdbmbulls6thvatwr43qdcm9sxqovgpi73=s265-c

Sankaku Japanese Bandana

Cutgalette2

Slab Galette with Swiss Chard and Gruyère

🔎

I simmer always at low heat?

asked by rplum almost 3 years ago

For a simmer, the usual procedure is to start on high and bring the ingredients up to a boil or near boil, then turn the heat down low and let it barely bubble. Often you will set a lid on the pot, slightly askew, to prevent to much of the liquid from evaoprating.

Let us know if you have a question about a particular recipe!

Good answers if you want the liquid to evaporate and thicken you could also simmer uncovered

I think the tag here was "risoto" (sic). A risotto should be cooked "al onda" or on the wave as they say in Venice. Which means that you add simmering (not boiling) stock, ladle by ladle until it's finished; at least 20 minutes, but it should be wet and moving around when served.

For a risotto it should be creamy not wet when you spoon it on to a plate it should slowly spread I agree that the liquid should be hot at a low simmer almost to the point were its just hot not boiling