🔎

• 3

• 1277

A question about a recipe: Don't Hold The Anything Breakfast Bread Pudding

I have a question about the ingredient "sage leaves" on the recipe "Don't Hold The Anything Breakfast Bread Pudding " from Patty Cake. Is there a good substitute for the sage leaves? I don't have access to fresh sage.

6473759923_e0e392a58b_z
Hilary_sp1
Hilarybee added over 2 years ago

If you don't have sage, you could omit it altogether. I like thyme and think it is a nice flavor enhancer and I think it would go nicely with the flavors in this recipe. Rosemary would be a nice choice too, which can bridge sweet/savory recipes nicely.

Patti Cake added over 2 years ago

Dear Hilarybee, My question should have had an addendum: would any dried herbs be acceptable in place of the fresh? If so, should I soak them in water, perhaps, to revive the flavor? Thanks again, Patti Cake

036

I agree with Hillarybee - I toyed with using rosemary initially instead ... it's strong though so use it with a light hand ...