A question about a recipe: Spatchcocked and Braise-Roasted Chicken

112910f_209

I am currently in a rented kitchen, where I only have a pan and a glass casserole dish. I was thinking of cutting up the chicken and coloring the pieces in the pan before transferring to the casserole/oven? I am also 1000m above sea level, if that matters in the cooking. I am wondering how I should adjust the cooking time/any other adjustments?

asked by cristinasciarra over 2 years ago
Jc_profilepic

I can't open the recipe - there might be a broken link on the website. Joy of Cooking (my go to cooking reference) has several recipes using chicken quarters or pieces that cook for about 45 minutes (after browning in a skillet) at 350 degrees F. Joy says no adjustment for high-altitude meat cooking up to 7000 feet. Good luck, I hope you found your answer....

Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

It's also broken for me -- looking into this now. But to answer, or partially answer, your question -- your idea to brown the chicken and transfer to the casserole is a good idea. As for time/temp and sea level, I'm not sure. There have been a lot of sea level cooking questions lately, and we will make sure we find someone who can answer these important questions. Thanks for your patience -- and hope you like the recipe!

Buddhacat

Although I now live at sealevel, I have lived 5000 ft. to 10,000 ft altitude and the only adjustments that have to be made are in baking and canning.

Enjoy your chicken!

From Our Friends
powered by ZergNet