🔔
🔎

Soup is too salty

asked by Robert,Beeson almost 3 years ago

If it is cream based make a rue with flour and Either low sodium chicken broth or salt free butter....if it is stock based you can try to add water and reduce a few times

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_

Robert, check out the answer to this past hotline question: http://www.food52.com/hotline...

I'm a fan of adding a cut potato and simmering to absorb excess salt. Try searching for "salt soup" in the search box on this site and make sure you choose "hotline" instead of recipe for past questions similiar to yours for help.

The problem with salt is that you can put it in but you can't take it out. The is true for both soups and sauces. But the soup here remains a mystery. The saltiness could be coming from one of the other ingredients.

Bigpan

Toss in some big chunks of peeled potato ( and remove later), but also consider increasing volume of soup with all ingredients except salt and things with salt (read labels). I am a big fan of putting salt in last as a top dressing.