🔎

• 5

• 8462

• See other questions tagged:
    • olives

How long can u keep olives ( the ones bought from a bin) in the fridge?

JohnSkye added over 2 years ago

until they go bad

JohnSkye added over 2 years ago

Add your answer here

Flower-bee
Droplet added over 2 years ago

Olives are always brined before they become edible. Most brining solutions contain generous amounts of salt, which makes the resultant finished olives resistant to spoilage for quite some time. If you store them in a tightly closing jar in the fridge, they will keep for several months. Make sure your jar is washed well and completely dry before you fill it up. The tell-tale sign of olives gone bad is a thin white mold on their surface.

ReneePussman added over 2 years ago

Brined olives will keep in the fridge for quite some time as long as they are still in their brine. If not I wouldn't recommend keeping them longer than a week or two.

Flower-bee
Droplet added over 2 years ago

I agree about the brine. If kept in it they could keep for a really long time in a cool place. But if they have been naturally prepared with the proper amount of salt, the brine permeats their flesh and when removed from the brine their oil coats them on the outside - they certainly keep for much longer than a week or two afterwards.