🔎

What high protein dishes - if cooked in advance on a Sunday - will still be good for lunch the next Friday?

cranberry added over 2 years ago
Voted the Best Answer!

Lentil soup made with a hambone, and frozen by portion size - really any beany soup will work this way

Flank steak or chicken breasts, also frozen by portion size, can be turned into lovely sandwiches or salads later in the week

There is not much that I'd save til Friday without freezing - and freezing will allow you to get a little assortment going for some variety from week to week.

Family_feb2012_-_version_2
garlic&lemon added over 2 years ago

I agree with cranberry that dishes cooked on Sunday need to be frozen in portion sizes to be safely eaten on Friday. If you get in the habit of freezing portions of everything you make that is freezable, you will have a variety to choose from for lunch and not have to take the same thing all week. Enchiladas, spaghetti, sloppy joes, pot pie, soups, rotisserie chicken, and casseroles are some of the wide variety of foods that can be frozen in portions.

Buddhacat
SKK added over 2 years ago

Yes to what everyone says above. Here is a recipe we love and I love to freeze http://www.food52.com/recipes...

Chile freezes well and so do beans and rice portions.