How do I reduce the heat in my chili in which I used a scotch bonnet pepper by mistake?

asked by gig7 over 2 years ago
Buddhacat

This questin was asked awhile ago and although a scotch bonnet pepper wasn't included, the answers are very useful. http://www.food52.com/hotline...

Buddhacat

I mean to write question, not questin. Praying for the edit function to come back.

Everyone understands the intent of your answer regardless of a typo, don't worry

Agree with nutcakes. You can also add some (brown) sugar, but of course it depends on the kind of dish you're making. Just increase the other "tastes" (sweet, sour, salty) to the dish to reduce the heat.

I would also consider adding corn and beer - a nice rich dark one- in lieu of sugar. I've tried guinness and a small batch Sam Adams porter and I preferred the Porter. Also, super labor intensive and not very traditional chili like BUT you could consider making a roué in a separate pan and stirring that in- cook the flour well to keep your clarity of flavors though.

Photo_00004

I would take a cue from the Peruvians and the Mexicans who cool off their hotter than hell cuisine with milk products. Cheese, yogurt, sour cream might help a little bit. good luck.

Dsc_0122.nef-1

I'd try adding some dairy based product to reduce the intesity of the heat..