🔎

• 6

• 6706

Can you microwave sweet potatoes?

Buddhacat
SKK added over 2 years ago

Yes you can. Just the same way you do any other potatoes.

3-bizcard

I have a friend that does, she pricks with a fork and wraps them in a natural (no chemical additives) paper towel. I prefer to roast in the oven you get that lovely caramelization when you do and they are so soft.

Bigpan
bigpan added over 2 years ago

I have, in a time pinch, ... I peel, chop into cubes, put in dish, cover with plastic, punch a hole in it. and cook. You can also toss with some cumin or other spices (cinnamon etc). Just like roasting in the oven, you can finish by pan frying to get a crunch on the outside. Over nuking anything will turn them into rubber...I use only to parcook.

Image003
Homemadecornbread added over 2 years ago

Yes, I just prick them and wave them. Sometimes I cut them into inch thick slices and roast the slices in an oiled cast iron skillet in a very hot oven, flipping them about halfway through.

Scan0004
susan g added over 2 years ago

Like Homemadecornbread, I'm happy with whole sweet potatoes from the microwave. Important not to overcook them! I find it works to my liking with the deep orange, moist ones. I have found that Asian white sweet potatoes are not moist enough and disappointing -- I'll use another method for them.

Big_grapefruit
Jodee Ross added over 2 years ago

I do all the time! Prick all over and microwave about 7-9 min until soft. Turn them over once. I use this method before making sweet potato gnocchi or sweet potato bisque or mashed sweet potatos. Skin peels off easily if it's not needed.