🔎

A question about a recipe: Paul Bertolli's Cauliflower Soup

I have a question about the recipe "Paul Bertolli's Cauliflower Soup" from Genius Recipes. I love the bowl in this picture. Is it part of a china pattern set or a random bowl used to present this soup? Thank you!

Food52_11-22-11-0827
Img00019-20100929-0432_1_
Sam1148 added over 2 years ago

I wish I could help with specifics..But to me it looks maybe Korean, or Japaneese. With the small 'lip' at the bottom of the bowl, reminds me of rice bowls of that table ware. I've seen similar designs and styles in Korean markets.

Img00019-20100929-0432_1_
sexyLAMBCHOPx added over 2 years ago

I was thinking the same Sam. It's very appealing.

amysarah added over 2 years ago

At Pearl River in Chinatown (NYC) they have tons of inexpensive white porcelain rice bowls with various patterns - I've definitely seen that particular one there before.

Found it - it's on page 8, under 'Blue and White Design Rice Bowl': http://pearlriver.com/v2...

Tad_and_amanda_in_the_kitchen

Amysarah -- good eye. That's exactly where I got that bowl. Very inexpensive, too!

amysarah added over 2 years ago

Bingo! I've gone through many a Pearl River rice bowl (i.e., purchased, used, broken, replaced.) The prettiest are always the white/blue ones.