🔔
🔎

How do you store banana bread? Fridge or outside, or bread bin?

asked by KKool almost 3 years ago

I keep it just like a cake...tightly wrapped or in my cake stand on the counter.

Sed

We place it in a fruit bowl with a fruit net over it to keep fly's away. I'd say a bread bin would work also. Fridge ruins a banana, brown bags make them ripen faster.

19935_292165946404_502966404_5168928_1994829_n

I agree with Stephanie! Storing any kind of baked good in the fridge makes it go stale faster. If you want to save it for a long time you can freeze it and pull it out later...

Just go ahead and cover it with foil. Baked goods should not be refridged unless it calls for it.

Scan0004

How long do you think you'll be keeping it? If it's a day or two and your storage area is cool, I would feel safe keeping it out. However, a typical banana bread is very moist, so if you store it in a warm place and/or too long, it will get moldy, and unsafe to eat. You could cut off part for the first few days, and freeze the rest.