🔔
🔎

WhAt is the est way 2 Cook brollini

asked by cookbythebay almost 3 years ago

Do you mean brocollini? These aren't even brocolli anyway but a different plant. Blanche them in boiling water then "shock" them in cold to set the color (chlorophyl) and then saute in oil.

Actually they are a hybrid of broccoli and something Chinese - sweeter than broccoli and why bother blanching - just saute briefly

broccolini has become my favorite veg lately. i usually do the blanching as well, but don't bother to shock. just drain & dry them as much as i can without it being a huge deal.
to serve: heat a clove of garlic in some olive oil - remove once it has browned
throw in the broccolini, season with s+p, a few red pepper flakes and a little lemon zest - saute for a few minutes, till its all heated through.
garnish with grated parmigiano-reggiano. YUM! eat this practically every night for dinner.

As an FYI "Broccolini" is a trade marked name. Really.

Be sure to not overcook. I love the sweet tender. stems. Try it chopped as a pizza topping. Just served it last week with pasta and sauce. Great for stir fries.

Wholefoods_user_icon

I like to steam them just for a few minutes, then serve with a touch of butter or a drizzle of olive oil. And yes, the stems are delicious; just trim off the last 1/2 inch or so and eat the rest. My favorite veg.