Does anyone say "I'll wash, you dry" anymore? Or was that just a cozy-up line from yesteryear?

asked by bugbitten over 2 years ago
Chris_in_oslo

Mostly air dry here, but there are some things that a re-wash and hand dry in the morning, because they look better when they're buffed a bit.

Bigpan

We say "I'll load, you unload".

110

Exactly! But is this a dying art?

Buddhacat

Well I am still alive doing it. And my daughter is doing it. And maybe when she marries and has children they will do it....perhaps I put it in my will as a condition.

110

Perhaps AntoniaJames could draw up the documents.

Scan0004

Our pediatrician told my mother that letting the dishes air dry was a healthier choice, back in the days when drying was the practice. My mother was thrilled to follow the doctor's advice.
But I do remember the wash and dry marathons at family Thanksgiving dinners when we had real dishes, glasses and silverware 26 (as the grandchildren arrived). And all the serving dishes, baking and roasting dishes too. A major undertaking, but fondly remembered.

Still happens at my house nearly every night.

I'm not sure my wife and I would have it any other way.

110

Nice to hear that.

I Wash, and he dries! It doesn't happen every day, as sometimes air drying is easier, but washing and drying provides an opportunity to have a talk about the day, and plan things that we might not talk about otherwise. I dream of a dishwasher though!!

110

You sound quite happy. Please don't tell your husband that you dream of that old boyfriend, even if he is only a dishwasher.

Wholefoods_user_icon

In our house it's more like, "I'll cook, you clean up!" But we trade back and forth regularly.

110

I think that's where most people are on this.